Hair coloring and bleaching are two of the most popular services offered by hair salons. These treatments allow clients to change the color, shade or overall appearance of the hair.
Hair coloring is a process where color pigments are added to the natural hair color to change it. Hair dyes come in a variety of colors and shades that can be mixed to achieve the desired result.
Hair bleaching is a process where the natural pigment is removed from the hair so that it can be lightened. Bleaches contain chemicals that break down the pigment in the hair.
To be able to achieve the desired results without damaging the clients’ hair, you must have a basic knowledge of the chemistry of coloring and bleaching to be able to determine the right technique and products for each hair type and color.
Therefore, knowledge of the following topics is required:
- Chemical processes in coloring and decolorization
- Hair types
- Color theories (colorism)
- Staining and bleaching techniques
- Coloring and bleaching products
Hair and scalp damage during/after chemical treatment
And to be able to:
- You determine the client’s hair type and color
- You choose the right products and techniques for coloring or bleaching
- You apply the coloring or bleaching safely and effectively
- Hair care after coloring or bleaching
Hair coloring and bleaching are complex processes that require knowledge, skills and experience. Those of you who are well versed in these topics will be able to provide clients with high quality services that will help them achieve their desired look.
- Working with a professional hair dye catalog
- Working with hair dye